What is an internet meme? Well, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, a meme is “an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture.” It is commonly used on social media sharing sites such as Facebook or Tumblr, and if it’s good enough, it will spread like wildfire.
We personally love memes because they’re an easy and comfortable way to poke fun at something. And when you’re working in the real estate industry, you often come across many ridiculous situations that could easily translate into good comedic material.
So why not poke fun at some of the most common, everyday annoyances that buyers, sellers, and even real estate agents face? Here are 11 of our most favorite real estate memes we’ve found online:
1. The sarcastic Willy Wonka has something to say to you, Mr. Agent For The Day.
Your next door neighbor just got her real estate license? Oh, ok. Let me know how that works out for you.
2. Building Engine’s Inspections Manager? Willy doesn’t think so.
Using paper for your inspection report is SO old school. Can I download the app for that?
3. The Most Interesting Man in the World buys foreclosured properties. Do you?
So do we, Bob. So do we.
4. Ah, the ever gorgeous Ryan Gosling. Great way to draw attention to your messaging.
Nothing else needs to be said but…yes we do, Ryan.
5. Hilarious home renovation mishaps endorsed by a real home inspector (there’s an actually series online).
Here’s another hilarious meme by home inspector Mark Donahue from Arizona Building Analysts, Inc.
6. Shameless, ReMax. But I like your style.
We’re not sure if someone actually from ReMax did this but either way, it’s ridiculous. Slightly offensive, but still funny.
7. More Ryan Gosling…Hmm, I wonder if he uses ReMax?
Thanks, Ryan! 🙂 **blushes**
8. Sadly, this is pretty valid. Do you know how many haunted homes there are in Rhode Island?
Believe it or not, but there are potential home buyers who need to know if a house is haunted or not. The funny thing about this is that there are many in Rhode Island.
9. This is even more shameless, Joan.
Ok, we’re not sure if this is funny or desperate. The baby is adorable, but that’s about it.
10. Buyers strike back with their own memes.
Ever heard of wishful thinking?
11. And finally, the infamous real estate agent meme. This couldn’t be more true. Agents, tell us if you disagree.